Editing, Sending and Saving Snaps
You can edit Snaps you have captured with Pixy, and imported, with Snapchat’s suite of Creative Tools which you will see on the right hand side when you’ve selected your Snap for editing. Please note that some features will not be available for picture Snaps.
Here’s a quick list of Creative Tools you can use to edit a Snap:
- Text: Add a caption or two for context
- Doodle: Draw right on top of photos and videos
- Stickers: Add emojis, Bitmoji, GIFs, and more
- Scissors: Create your own stickers from almost anything
- Sounds: Add music or recorded sound to your Snap
- Voice Over: Add your personal voice over to your Snap
- Web Attachments: Add a URL to your Snap
- Crop: Crop, zoom or rotate your Snap. If auto-crop has been added to your Snap, you can click here to remove it and see your Snap in full.
- Loop: Choose whether you’d like a video to play on loop or just once
- Lenses: Add new lighting, landscapes, and other magical effects to an entire scene with a swipe
- Trim: Shorten the length of your videos to get the perfect shot (you find this through the timeline thumbnail in the bottom left hand corner).
- Smart Edits: Also through the timeline thumbnail, Super cuts allow you to quickly add smart edits to your Snaps.
Pixy takes Snaps in landscape by default so it captures as much as possible of the scene. When you’ve imported we use subject tracking to auto-crop to portrait so your Snaps focus on the person in them.
You can still add all the normal creative tools to your portrait orientated Snap (iOS only), or select the Crop icon to turn the feature off for that Snap and view in landscape.
These smart edits allow you to quickly add fun effects to your Pixy Snaps. When editing a Snap, tap the timeline thumbnail in the bottom left corner and select an effect.
Note that only Jump Cut and Hyperspeed are available for Android at this time.
Bounce - a one second clip is taken from your Snap and then copied and played in reverse. You can adjust the section of the Snap that is used, and the length of time (up to three seconds, which when you add the reverse play makes a six second Snap). This feature works with video Snaps from all flight paths.
Orbit 3D - a two second clip is taken from your Snap, which is then sped up by 4x and played forward and reverse. This effect is only available for Snaps taken with the Orbit flight path.
Jump Cut - we’ll divide your Snap up into sections, and play a section then skip a section, play a section and skip a section. The maximum Snap length for this feature is eight seconds, and it can be used with Snaps taken with all flight paths.
Hyperspeed - this feature takes your entire video Snap and speeds it up 4x. The maximum Snap length for this feature is eight seconds, and it can be used with Snaps taken with all flight paths
After applying Smart Edits to your Snap, iOS users can also add additional Lenses. This feature is not available for Android at this time.
How to edit and send a Snap
- Go to the ‘SNAPS’ tab in Memories.
- Press and hold on the thumbnail of the Snap you’d like to edit.
- Tap ‘Edit Snap’ to personalize your Snap with your favorite Creative Tools.
- When your Snap looks good to go, tap the button to share it on Snapchat! You can send it to Friends and Groups, add it to My Story or the Snap Map, or submit it straight to Spotlight.
Although Pixy captures Snaps in HD, some Snaps may be added to My Story or Spotlight in slightly lower quality to save you uploading time and cellular data.
After you edit a Snap, you can overwrite your original Snap or save a new one as a copy. Keep in mind, if you overwrite a Snap you won’t be able to undo those edits!